Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Oscars Cometh ...


Time to review the Oscar nominated films in my now yearly marathon ... here we go! I will try and do a review every two or three days leading up the Oscars on Sunday, February 26th. Here is a list of the nominated films. I usually try and review about a dozen films. They won't necessarily be the most nominated. Certain films I enjoyed a great deal but I feel that I wouldn't have much to say about them, Moneyball, for example. Others are more obscure but might be of interest to you such as Mike Mills' Beginners.

Now for the show itself: Frivolous. Shallow. More fashion show than awards ceremony. Boring. Insufferably long. Harbinger of the apocalypse. Commercial. Soul destroying. Pretentious. Self-congratulatory.

Whatever ... Forget the haters, bring it on!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I was SO HOPING you would do this again! I am really looking forward to it!!! WOOT!